We have created several policies for children and family ministry over the years. Here is a checklist of important policies every church should have, be working on, or at least planning for. We recommend consulting your churches lawyer, insurance agent or other safety professional already connected to your church community.
- Volunteer Leader Handbook for Kids Ministry and/or Youth Ministry- both should have their own!
- Volunteer Leader Handbook- version for the youth involved in Kids Ministry
- Health & Wellness (Sick) Policy
- Allergy Policy
- Photo/Video Permission
- Emergency Procedures- Church evacuation plan, earthquake, fire, etc.
- Child Abuse Prevention Policy
We give every new volunteer a Leader Handbook, ask them to read it and sign the last page and return it to us. Most of our volunteers are able to make it to our New Leader Orientation offered monthly, but at the very least they are all getting the handbook and learning important information about the ministry vision, volunteer expectations, policies, and reporting procedures.
If you would like to preview a sample of our church’s policies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org